Happy New Year to each of you, our Austin Galano Club community members!
As many of you know, the AGC Board recently voted to re-open the club after a nine month period of closure. During this time, the AGC board drafted, voted on, and approved extensive guidelines on how to utilize the club and hold in-person meetings in as safely a manner as possible. So far, the reopening has largely been a success. Thank you to those who have attended a meeting in the past few weeks and adhered to our guidelines!
At the moment, nine of our 23 groups have decided to return to the club to conduct in-person meetings while we continue to facilitate virtual meetings for the rest of the groups. For the people who choose to attend meetings in-person, here are a few reminders:
- We encourage people to continue to attend meetings virtually if they are of high-risk demographics, apprehensive about returning, or unwilling to follow our Covid-19 Guidelines.
- In-person attendance is a personal choice. We strongly suggest reading the Guidelines in order to make a fully informed decision about whether or not it is in your best interest to return to the club. By attending meetings, you are acknowledging your willingness to potentially expose yourself to COVID-19 and accept full responsibility for your decision.
- Likewise, we strongly encourage a thorough reading of the Guidelines before attending in-person meetings in order to fully understand what you can expect upon returning to the club.
- Masks are mandatory and must be worn in the clubhouse at ALL times, including when sharing. This is for everyone’s safety.
- Entrance to the club is only permitted for the purpose of attending meetings or volunteering at the coffee bar. We will eventually reopen the club to social activities, sponsorship and service work, but are currently unable to accommodate such activities.
- Club hours are truncated. The club will only be open for meetings.
- Coffee bar volunteer shifts will also reflect this change.
- There is to be NO drinking or eating inside the club. All consumption of food and beverage will take place outdoors.
If you witness violations of the Covid-19 Guidelines, we encourage you to report infractions to the coffee bar volunteer and email the Board at email@example.com. These communications will remain anonymous to the greater community.
If you have tested positive for Covid-19, suspect you have been exposed, or feel sick, please fill out our self-report form here: https://austingalano.org/covid-self-reporting/
The Board thanks you for your continued commitment to the overall safety and well-being of our community by taking care of yourselves and each other. We trust that you will make a wise decision for yourself that best balances your recovery needs and health limitations.
Ever sincerely, your humble and trusted servants in recovery, unity, and service,
Mara W. firstname.lastname@example.org
James Y. email@example.com
Lauren O. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie S. email@example.com
Jamal W. firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison B. email@example.com
Loretta M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mel M. email@example.com
Blake P. firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Q. email@example.com
Marvin T. firstname.lastname@example.org