Lambda Live & Let Live online meetings:
The Austin Galano Club has announced that it will reopen at 50% capacity on Dec 14th. Lambda will be returning to our regularly scheduled in person meetings, but our zoom meetings will not be going away! Please click HERE to join the password protected Zoom meeting through your browser, or use room: 158-970-132. Please reach out to Matthew M to get the password if you need it (737-262-3342). Meetings follow our usual schedule listed beneath this section.
Information about the online meetings:
- Need help using Zoom? Check out this tutorial page for help. Zoom can be downloaded as an app on your computer or mobile device, or it can be used through your browser.
- Meeting format will vary slightly from regular LLLL meetings. Donations can be made to LLLL via Venmo at @lambdaaustin. You can also use this link to make one-time or recurring donations to LLLL, Lambda Big Book Fund, and the Austin Galano Club.
- Chips will be mailed to you by Bryce C! Get his info from the moderator during one of the meetings if you’re celebrating a length of sobriety!
- The name you submit upon logging into the room will be visible to everyone, so please do not use your full name if you wish to remain anonymous.
- This room supports video and audio. You will need to grant access permission for both camera and microphone to be seen and heard. Please MUTE your microphone when you enter the room until you are called upon to speak so that we can all hear the speaker. Remember to re-mute after you finish sharing!
- To share, please click the “Raise Hand” button under “participants”, and the moderator will call on you. Once you have been called, please click the button again to lower your hand.
- Remember that in our fellowship, anonymity is the spiritual principle of all our affairs. During this time of online meetings please protect our anonymity by refraining from screenshots and recordings, and ensure that you’re in a secure environment where people can share without being heard outside the meeting. If you need proof of attendance please speak with the chairperson at the end of the meeting.
- This room also supports text chat, which will be utilized during certain parts of the meeting to avoid confusion. Just as in our normal meetings, we ask that participants refrain from chatting during the meeting except when asked to by the chair.
- We need volunteers to read “how it works” “the 12 traditions” and “the 9th step promises” so please join early to volunteer! These will be shared as documents in the room, but can also be found in this online Big Book.
- Want to chair an online meeting? Please choose a day of the week for the the month here.
- Thank you for your patience and participation while we adjust to this new meeting platform!
Since 1976, the primary purpose of the fellowship of the Lambda / Live & Let Live group has been to stay sober and help other alcoholics stay sober. We describe our group as “LGBTQ+ affirming” because a large portion of our membership comes from the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender community. ALL are welcome however, and the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
Meeting Schedule: All meetings take place in person and online at the below times
|Monday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Tuesday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Wednesday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Beginner Meeting|
|Thursday||8:00 PM||Medium||Open, Big Book Study|
|Friday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Fireball (Last Friday of the month, Birthday Night)|
|Saturday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Speaker Meeting|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Sunday||8:00 PM||Medium||Open, Discussion|
There are several service commitments available for newcomers, oldtimers, and everyone in-between. Chairing meetings, speaker opportunities, phone list validation, cigarette pickup, chair setup before each meeting, bringing meetings to correctional facilities and treatment centers, and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the service commitment just right for you.
|4/3/2021||Dick B||Naples, FL|
|4/10/2021||Michelane F||Sunday Morning Paper, CA|
|4/17/2021||Jack||Celebrate the Morning – Orlando FL|
|4/24/2021||Kim||Celebrate the Morning – Orlando, FL|
Speaker Meeting Recordings from LLLL – 2018 – Present (LLLL Speakers):
- We are now accepting online donations using the Venmo app! Donations can be made to @lambdaaustin.
- Austin Galano Club has amended their donation page to include donations directly to each group. You can make donations to LLLL and the Lambda Big Book Fund here.
- To support newcomers, LLLL has created a fund for big books that will be signed and given to newcomers in meetings. In this case, a newcomer is anyone at their first meeting without a big book of their own. This fund, like our group, will be self-supporting through a separate donation. Donations can be made at the Galano coffee bar, and through the Galano website, to the “Lambda Big Book Fund“. If you are able, please consider making a donation so we can provide big books to newcomers!
- If you would like to make a financial contribution directly to Hill Country Intergroup (AA), LL&LL group and/or the Lambda Big Book Fund, you can now make those via cash or card at the Galano Coffee Bar. Donations can also be made to LLLL via Venmo at @lambdaaustin.
Have an announcement you would like included in the weekly email and daily meeting reading? Complete the simple form below and it will be added as appropriate.
[contact-form-7 id=”2770″ title=”LLLL Announcements”]
Want to sign up for our weekly newsletter? Please fill out the form below!
|Service Committee Chair||Cat F|
|Service Committee Co-Chair||Michael|
|H&I Committee Chair||Stephen M|
|H&I Committee Co-Chair||Bryce C|
|Chips & Literature Chair||Brady B|
|Chips & Literature Co-Chair||Mark K|
|Events Coordinator Chair||Dan|
|Events Coordinator Co-Chair||Patrick V|
LLLL Group Conscience Minutes:
LLLL Monthly Financial Reports:
GSO and Other Resources:
- Box 459 a quarterly news bulletin from the General Service Office
More digital goodness:
Please tell newcomers about the meeting guide app for android and ios. https://meetingguide.org/