Effective Immediately: Now that Austin-Travis County has entered Stage 5 of the public health guidelines, face masks are mandatory while visiting the Galano and attending in-person meetings. A well-fitting face mask should be worn by all members while inside the building, regardless of vaccination status.
Since 1976, the primary purpose of the fellowship of the Lambda Live & Let Live group has been to stay sober and help other alcoholics stay sober. We describe our group as LGBTQ+ affirming because a large portion of our membership comes from the LGBT community. However, all are welcome, and the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. We are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; it does not wish to engage in any controversy, and neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
All meetings take place in person and online at the below times.
Are you chairing a zoom meeting? Find the format and readings here, and select the Online Meeting folder.
|8 p.m. Monday, Large room||Open, discussion|
|8 p.m. Tuesday, Large room||Open, discussion|
|8 p.m. Wednesday, Large room||Open, Beginner’s meeting|
|8 p.m. Thursday, Medium room||Open, Big Book study, hybrid|
|8 p.m. Friday, Large room||Open, Fireball, Last Friday of the month is birthday night|
|8 p.m. Saturday, Large room||Open, Speaker meeting, hybrid|
|11 a.m. Sunday, Large room||Open, discussion|
|8 p.m. Sunday, Medium room||Open, discussion, hybrid|
- Please click here to join the password-protected Zoom meeting through your browser or use room: 158-970-132. Contact Jonathan W at 512-571-9886 to get the password.
- Are you chairing a zoom meeting? Find the format and readings here, and select the Online Meeting folder.
- Need help using Zoom? Check out this tutorial page for help. Zoom can be used through your browser; or downloaded as an app on your computer or mobile device.
- Donations can be made to Lambda Live and Let Live via Venmo at @lambdaaustin. You can also use this link to make one-time or recurring donations to LLLL, Lambda Big Book Fund and the Galano Club.
- Chips will be mailed to you by David M. Get his info from the moderator during the meeting if you’re celebrating a length of sobriety.
- The name you submit upon logging into the room will be visible to everyone, so please do not use your full name if you wish to remain anonymous.
- Zoom supports video and audio. You will need to grant access permission for both camera and microphone to be seen and heard. Please mute your microphone when you enter the room until you are called upon to speak. Remember to mute again after you finish sharing.
- To share, click the “raise hand” button under reactions, and the moderator will call on you. Once you have been called, please click the button again to lower your hand.
- Remember that in our fellowship, anonymity is the spiritual principle of all our affairs. During zoom meetings, protect our anonymity by refraining from screenshots and recordings, and ensure you’re in a secure environment where people can share without being heard outside the meeting. If you need proof of attendance, speak with the chairperson at the end of the meeting.
- Zoom also supports text chat, which will be used during certain parts of the meeting to avoid confusion. Like in-person meetings, we ask participants to refrain from crosstalk during the meeting.
- We need volunteers to read “How it Works,” “The 12 Traditions” and “The 9th Step Promises” during each meeting. These will be shared as documents in the room, but can also be found in this online Big Book.
- Want to chair an online meeting? Please choose a day of the week for the month here.
- Thank you for your patience and participation while we adjust to this new meeting platform!
Phone and Email List
The Lambda Live and Let Live Phone list is a great resource for staying in touch with the fellowship should you need to talk with someone, or to make yourself available for someone else. If you include your email address on the phone/email list, you will be added to the weekly newsletter which has all the LLLL announcements, birthdays, and a link to the updated phone list. Sign up here below:
We have several service commitments available:
- Meeting chairs/Sign up to be an online chair here.
- Speaker opportunities
- Group Chair and Co-Chair positions.
- Phone list validation
- Cigarette pick-up
- Meeting chair/literature setup
- Bringing meetings to correctional facilities and treatment centers
Contact Mike H at 512-200-8800 or email@example.com to volunteer for a service commitment that’s right for you.
Upcoming Speakers January 2022
|Jan 1||Solis R, LL&LL, Austin|
|Jan 8||Peggy D, LL&LL, Austin|
|Jan 15||Sara M, Willoughby Tuesday Group Cleveland OH|
|Jan 22||Tom H, Reading Rainbow 🌈|
|Jan 29||Ashley Z, LL&LL, Austin|
Speaker Meeting Recordings from Lambda Live & Let Live – 2018 – Present (LLLL Speakers)
- The coffee bar needs volunteers. To sign up, speak with the chair after your meeting or sign up at austingalano.org.
- There are multiple Group Officer positions that have rolled off and are needing to be filled. We desperately need these positions filled in order to maintain and provide service for Lambda Live and Let Live. If you’d like to sign up for these service positions, contact Mike H. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 75th Texas State AA Convention will be held right here in Austin from June 17th to the 19th. To volunteer, to help make it a Texas size event, visit txaaconvention.org or contact Solis R. at 512-666-7825 for more information.
Please contact us to:
- Send an announcement to include in the weekly email and during the meeting
- Give general feedback
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter
- Chair an online meeting
Complete the form below:
|Service Committee Chair||Mike H.|
|Service Committee Co-Chair||Vacant|
|H&I Committee Chair||Vacant|
|H&I Committee Co-Chair||Vacant|
|Chips & Literature Chair||David M.|
|Chips & Literature Co-Chair||Vacant|
|Events Coordinator Chair||Patrick V|
|Events Coordinator Co-Chair||Vacant|
- LLLL Group Conscience Minutes
- LLLL Monthly Financial Reports
- Folder with latest HCIA Meeting Minutes, 2017-2018
- Folder with latest HCIA Financial Statements, 2017-2018
GSO and Other Resources:
- Box 459 a quarterly news bulletin from the General Service Office
- Download past issues 2017
- Holiday Issue
- Fall Issue: Intergroup/Central Office: Then and Now
- Summer Issue: 67th A.A. General Service Conference Convenes
- Spring 2017: Carrying the A.A. Message Through Literature
More digital goodness:
Please tell newcomers about the meeting guide app for android and ios. https://meetingguide.org/