The Austin Galano Club is open for in-person meetings. Lambda Live and Let Live provides regularly scheduled in-person meetings and maintains the Hybrid (Zoom) Saturday speaker meeting. Please refer to the meeting schedule below for more information.
Since 1976, the primary purpose of the fellowship of the Lambda Live & Let Live group has been to stay sober and help other alcoholics stay sober. We describe our group as LGBTQ+ affirming because a large portion of our membership comes from the LGBTQ+ community. However, all are welcome, and the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
If you have a dog with you in a meeting for emotional, physical, or psychological support, the dog must be on a leash, quiet unless performing specific trained task work, and not infringe on another’s personal space.
All meetings take place in person at the times listed below.
* The Hybrid 8pm Saturday speaker meeting supports Zoom.
|8 p.m. Monday, Large room||Open, Discussion|
|8 p.m. Tuesday, Large room||Open, Discussion|
|8 p.m. Wednesday, Large room||Open, Beginner’s meeting|
|8 p.m. Thursday, Medium room||Open, Big Book study|
|8 p.m. Friday, Large room||Open, Fireball|
|*8 p.m. Saturday, Large room||Open, Speaker meeting (Hybrid)|
|11 a.m. Sunday, Large room|
|8 p.m. Sunday, Medium room||Open, Discussion|
Zoom meetings information
- Please click here to join the password-protected Zoom meeting through your browser or use room: 158-970-132. Contact Ruth L. at 512-797-4834 to get the password.
- Need help using Zoom? Check out this tutorial page for help. Zoom can be used through your browser or downloaded as an app on your computer or mobile device.
- Donations can be made to Lambda Live and Let Live via Venmo (use @lambdaaustin). You may also use this link to make a one-time or recurring donations to L/L&LL, the Lambda Big Book Fund and the Austin Galano Club.
- Chips will be mailed to you by Jonathan W. Please get their info from the moderator during the meeting if you’re celebrating a length of sobriety!
- The name that you submit upon logging into the room will be visible to everyone, so please do not use your full name if you wish to remain anonymous.
- Zoom supports video and audio. You will need to grant access permission for both camera and microphone to be seen and heard. Please mute your microphone when you enter the room until you are called upon to speak. Remember to mute again after you finish sharing.
- To share, click the “raise hand” button under reactions, and the moderator will call on you. Once you have been called, please click the button again to lower your hand.
- Remember that in our fellowship anonymity is the spiritual principle of all our affairs. During Zoom meetings please protect our anonymity by refraining from screenshots and recordings, and ensure you’re in a secure environment where people can share without being heard outside the meeting. If you need proof of attendance then speak with the chairperson at the end of the meeting.
- Zoom also supports text chat, which will be used during certain parts of the meeting to avoid confusion. Like in-person meetings, we ask participants to refrain from crosstalk during the meeting.
- For nights with no Zoom meetings use the Flying Sober 24/7 and London Marathon 24 Hour International links to find a meeting.
Sign Up for the Phone / Birthday List
We have several service commitments available:
- Meeting chairs
- Speaker opportunities
- Group Chair and Co-Chair positions.
- Phone list validation
- Cigarette pick-up
- Meeting chair/literature setup
- Bringing meetings to correctional facilities and treatment centers
Upcoming Saturday 8pm Speakers for June 2023
Speaker Meeting Recordings from Lambda Live & Let Live from 2018 to Present: (LLLL Speakers)
|June 3rd||Bryce B. of Palm Springs|
|June 10th||Zach W. of L/L&LL|
|June 17th||Sam S. of Allandale|
- The 76th Annual Texas State AA Convention will take place in San Antonio, Texas from June 9-11th, see their website to register.
- The Capital of Texas Conference is July 28-30, register here.
- Austin Citywide has been helping Central Texas drunks and their families since 2006. The 7pm speaker meeting takes place every third Saturday of the month; arrive early to fellowship and potluck. Check out austincitywide.org for more information.
- All Lambda Live and Let Live members are invited to attend our Group Conscience meetings on the 3rd Sunday of each month directly after the 11 am meeting.
- To volunteer to work at the Austin Galano Clubhouse coffee bar visit austingalano.org/coffee.
- Our celebration of annual birthdays takes place the last Sunday of each month after the 11 am meeting and includes a finger food potluck. Everyone is encouraged to attend. If you are celebrating an annual birthday this month then we invite you to put your name and sobriety date on the board in the hallway and share your experience, strength and hope!
Please contact us to:
- Send an announcement to include in the weekly email and during the meeting;
- Give general feedback; and
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Complete the form below:
|Service Committee Chair||Scott M.|
|Service Committee Co-Chair||Vacant|
|H&I Committee Chair||Vacant|
|H&I Committee Co-Chair||Vacant|
|Chips & Literature Chair||Jonathan W.|
|Chips & Literature Co-Chair||Vacant|
2019 Group Inventory
Group Conscience Meeting Minutes
- LLLL Monthly Financial Reports
- Folder with latest HCIA Meeting Minutes, 2017-2018
- Folder with latest HCIA Financial Statements, 2017-2018
GSO and Other Resources:
- Box 459 a quarterly news bulletin from the General Service Office
- Download past issues 2017
- Holiday Issue
- Fall Issue: Intergroup/Central Office: Then and Now
- Summer Issue: 67th A.A. General Service Conference Convenes
- Spring 2017: Carrying the A.A. Message Through Literature
More digital goodness:
Please tell newcomers about the meeting guide app for Android and iOS: https://meetingguide.org/